Please refer to the batching reference documentation for more information on batching.
When the user batches multiple orders together one can think about this as "order piggybacking".
- Buyer purchases item A on order #1.
- Buyer exits the checkout experience.
- Buyer finds another item B that they would like to also order.
- Buyer purchases item B before order #1 is fully processed.
- Fast system attaches (or piggy backs) item B onto order #1.
- Buyer exits the checkout experience for the final time.
- Fast system processes order #1 and processes payment for both item A and B simultaneously.
- Seller receives the order with both item A and B.
This flow allows the seller to increase Average Order Value (AOV) and reduce transaction processing costs.